We’re excited to announce the release of Inmanta VSCode extension v1.4.5
The Inmanta extension for Visual Studio Code strives to enhance the development experience by bringing the power of the Inmanta service orchestration platform into the familiar and versatile environment of VSCode. By integrating Inmanta’s capabilities directly into the editor, the extension aims to streamline the development processes of orchestration models, improve code quality, and boost developer productivity.
This release focuses on improved user experience. It assists you in setting up a development environment and an improved experience while developing your orchestration model.
Here are some of the highlights:
- New setup assistant walks you through the initial setup of the extension. This ensures the correct integration between Python, Inmanta and VSCode is in place.
- Added support to work on a single module instead of requiring a full project. The platform supports workspaces that mix projects and modules.
- Hover over entities and plugins to see their docstrings.
- Selected Python virtual environment now shown for Inmanta files and not only for Python files.
- Various other small improvements and improved error reporting.
Learn more about the release in the detailed changelog: