Network Automation Engineer
Automation / Software / Telecom & Enterprise Networking / No recruiters / Remote work possible
At Inmanta, we’re passionate about building software that eliminates complexity. We work with telecom and cloud providers as well as enterprises to transform how they manage their network and IT infrastructure. They use our software to deliver mission-critical services, beef up their automation process and increase their operational efficiency.
The Solutions Engineering and Delivery team’s goal is to build and deliver network automation solutions that make it easier for our customers to provision, maintain, scale and monitor their business-critical connectivity services. Examples of customer solutions are Network/Bandwidth on Demand, carrier and cloud interconnect, FWaaS, Network as a Service (NaaS), SASE, 5G network slicing and private mobile networks. You will reimagine how our customers manage their network (security) infrastructure in an automated way, and then build the elegant solutions to enable that new approach. This requires careful attention to edge cases and error handling, polished code, and brutal (automated) testing to ensure we ship reliable code that never compromises up-time, data integrity or security.
- Design and implement secure and scalable network automation solutions using Inmanta’s orchestration tool for complex, highly distributed network infrastructures
- Implement and test integrations with various 3rd party technologies and platforms (e.g. network devices, firewalls, SDN controllers, VNFs, OSS/BSS)
- Build proof of concepts and demonstrators for customers and partners
- Debug complex issues and performance problems throughout the stack
- Offering expert guidance and support to the customer along their network automation journey
While Inmanta grows, plenty of opportunities will arise for whoever is ambitious and passionate.
What we value
- BSc (or higher, MSc or PhD) in computer science, telecommunication engineering or related technical field involving coding, or equivalent in technical experience
- Experience with software development (object-oriented programming in Python) and automation
- Min. 2 years of professional experience with the design and implementation of mission-critical networks
- Experience in telecom and/or enterprise networking is a strong plus
- Affinity with DevOps, NetOps, continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Fast-learner and fluent in trying out new technologies/equipment (multi-vendor)
- Jack of all trades loving the combo of network engineering and software development
- Dynamic and highly flexible team player
Inmanta is an equal opportunity employer.